Technical Development Manager
RW- 2021-003-R01 - Bangalore
Manage the development, maintenance and operations of IT business applications onsite and ensure they are within cost, quality and the service performance expectation.
Provide leadership to the maintenance team which may include project leaders and developers.
· Achievement of targets for Operational SLA, contract terms, time-line & budget for projects
· Achievement of go-get revenue targets for change request & new services
· Achievement of year-on-year productivity gain
· Achievement of on-time and on-budget of change request and new services
· Achievement and maintenance of customer intimacy for strategic accounts
Job Responsibilities & Duties
· Communicate, influence, persuade and lead by example, the core values of the company.
· Identify needs and set priority for the team that is congruent with corporate goals.
· Lead and manage direct reports towards achievement of common goals.
· Coach, develop and counsel subordinates.
· Develop strategic and tactical plans to achieve both long term and short term business goals.
· Manage and plan to capitalize on offshore & outsourcing IT company to control cost on development, maintenance and operations support.
· Ensures continuity and operational effectiveness of projects.
· Responsible for user management, vendor management as well as delivery of projects within cost, schedule and quality.
· Guide staff on project management skills, system analysis and design and programming.
· Ensure business applications are designed and built to be robust, secure, reliable, resilient and auditable.
· Carry out risk assessment and recommend risk mitigation measures to reduce/eradicate risk exposures.
· Lead in the maintenance of projects within costs and schedule.
· Ensure project plans and activities are endorsed by the Project Steering Committee and properly executed and tracked till successful implementation.
· Adopt QMS and CMMi best practices to ensure quality delivery of projects.
· Provides technical and business application advice to customers (internal and/or external) in business applications.
· Establish and maintain good business relationships with stakeholders to influence and achieve business goals.
· Understand the interdependencies of the services (application, system, network and database) and is able to pin-point problem area accurately to improve overall efficiency.
· Understand overall systems solutions and architecture.
· Consistently share information on best practices and technology trends and gives recommendation on best practices for business operations.
· Assume full responsibility for viability and quality of support for projects.
· Direct the conduct of application systems audit and performance review and make recommendations for changes, as necessary.
· Ensure that all security procedures within their area of responsibility are carried out correctly to achieve compliance with security policies and standards.
· Any other duties as and when assigned.
· Ensure uptime of application as per contractual terms to avoid any liquidated damages
· Fulfillment of budget go-get revenue target for change requests & new services
· Projects profit and loss
Broad direction from supervisor
· Leads a team of Lead Software Engineers, Senior Lead Consultants, Senior Software Engineers and Software Engineers.
· Degree in Computer Science, IT or related fields.
· CITPM or PMP Certified, with work experience in a CMMI environment.
Minimum Years/Type of Experience
· Minimum 12 to 14 years of IT working experiences in software development and maintenance with Project management experience in IT for the last 5 years.
· Experience in managing application support for mid-to-large scale IT Application System projects with contract value of at least S$1 million
Key Success Factors
· Results Focused
· Creative Problem Solving
· Effective Communication
· Teamwork and Cooperation
· Customer Focus
· Capability Development
· Commercial Acumen
· Engagement and Development